Dear Valued Genuicare Patients,
Genuicare has been closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 throughout the United States. We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease (CDC) and local health authorities to ensure we have the right plans and resources in place to safeguard your health and wellbeing.
Here are the steps we are taking to help to prevent infection and the limit spread of the virus:
- All employees are screened daily for COVID-19 along with having their temperature taken. Staff with ANY symptoms are instructed to not report to work and only return to work when they are well.
- All patients are screened for COVID-19 signs, symptoms, risk factors, and their temperature is taken before allowing them to proceed with any treatment session. No symptomatic patients are being seen.
- We are wearing masks and gloves for all patient visits and interactions.
- We are maintaining 6′ of distancing throughout our evaluations and treatments except when required to complete specific testing procedures that require hand’s on assessment. We are attempting to reduce and minimize all hand’s on testing.
- We are practicing social distancing and reducing the number of patients being seen in our clinic to provide a safe environment and a more personalized approach to your care.
- Before and after each patient encounter, we are washing our hands with soap and hot water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- We are routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces such as mats, treatment tables, exercise equipment, computer keyboard and mice, pens, phones, light switches, door handles, faucets, etc. This would also include disinfecting our lobby furniture after each patient leaves the waiting area.
During this time, we are asking our patients to help us maintain a safe environment.
- When arriving for your visit please call from your vehicle and we will come out to screen you and take your temperature. There will be no waiting inside our clinic.
- If you are running a temperature, we recommend that you seek treatment and be tested for COVID-19. Your visit will be rescheduled at a later time when we can be certain that you are negative for COVID-19 and/or have been sufficiently quarantined.
- Only one other family member or caregiver is allowed to be inside our clinic with you during your appointment.
- You will be required to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you first walk inside.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin and wash your hands immediately.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you have symptoms of any respiratory infection (e.g., cough, runny nose, difficulty breathing) please consult your medical provider. You must postpone your physical and occupational therapy appointments until you are fully well.
- If you have a fever, please consult your medical provider and refrain from coming to the clinic. Remember you must be fever-free for at least 3 days without medication to be safe. Again, work closely with and follow instructions from your medical provider.
We appreciate your understanding and the opportunity to help you return to your normal level of function. Thank you for helping us keep our facilities safe for everyone.
The Genuicare “A” Team